As per the UGC regulations on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Education Institution, 2009 (Under Section 26(1) (g) of the UGC Act, 1956) and Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act 1997, Ragging means display of noisy, disorderly conduct of doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes (a) teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such student or (b) asking a student to do any act or perform something which such student will not, in the ordinary course, willingly do. The Act prohibits ragging within or outside any educational institution. Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates, abets or propagates ragging shall be punished with imprisonment for a term, which may extend to THREE years and shall be liable to a fine, which may extend to Rs. 25,000/ – Any student convicted of an offence under the section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other educational institution. The decision of the Board of Management shall be final.
- It is imperative on the part of the students to attend the classes, functions and other extra and co-curricular activities regularly and punctually.
- The students should wear the ID cards. Without ID cards, they shall not be allowed inside class room/examination hall.
- Students must occupy their seats in the respective classes well before the lecturers enter the classes. When a lecturer enters the class, the students should stand up in their places as a mark of respect.
- Latecomers will not be permitted inside the classroom without the permission slip from the Head of the Department concerned or Registrar.
- Students should not absent themselves from Karpagam Academy of Higher Education without applying for leave. Those students who could not attend classes on medical grounds must produce a medical certificate along with the leave letter.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the campus. Students found using intoxicants and drugs will be summarily dismissed.
- Incase of cancellation of a class, students should be in the library.
- Students should refrain from participating in any kind of political or communal activities.
- Students found guilty of damaging, destroying the institution’s property should replace the same at their own cost.
- Students should not sit on the parapet walls or on the steps or staircases.
- Students found guilty of writing, scribbling, painting on the walls, desks etc., will be penalised suitably with fine.
- Students must identify those who cause damage to the institution’s property and report the same to the Registrar.
- Outsiders will not be permitted to meet the students during working hours.
- Students found guilty of using foul language or behaving rudely towards the staff members, will be expelled from Karpagam Academy of Higher Education.
- Any requisition or letter written by the student to the Registrar should be sent through the tutor and the HOD concerned.
- Eve-teasers will be dismissed from Karpagam Academy of Higher Education.
- Keeping and/or using the cell phone inside Karpagam Academy of Higher Education campus is prohibited. However, they are permitted to use within the hostel premises before or after the silent hours. If found in use, the cell phone will be confiscated and returned only after the completion of the course to the student at the time of leaving Karpagam Academy of Higher Education with TC.