Karpagam Academy of Higher Education genesis goes back to September 1995 when it was initiated as Karpagam Arts & Science College. The college was promoted by the Karpagam Charity Trust.
Library Timings & Transaction
- Library functions from 8.00 A.M – 8.00 P.M
- Transaction timings are from 9.00 A.M – 4.30 P.M
- UG & PG Students Research scholars (M.Phil & Ph.D) and Staff members
- UG Students are issued 2 books
- PG Students are issued 4 books
- Research Scholars are issued 4 books
- Staff members are issued 9 books
- The library books are classified according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) System
- OPAC help in locating the books on the shelves is provided
- Books are arranged on the shelves in numerical order
- Technical section
- Lending section (Circulation)
- Reference section
- Periodical section
- Books processing
- Book Acquisition, Accessioning
- Spine label affixing
- Bar coding affixing
- Book slip affixing / Book pocket affixing
- Binding Work
- Updating in the computer
- Registration of new members
- There are 104306 books.
- 400-500 books are daily lent and returned.
- Presently books are issued through the Smart cards.
- The due date of returning is 15 days (Students)
- The due date of returning is 30 days (Staff)
- If the Students fail to return a fine of Rs.1/- is charged for each day.
- If the Staff fail to return a fine of Rs.5/- is charged for each day.
- Open access system.
- There are 9321 books.
- National and International books
- Year books
- General knowledge books
- Science and technology books
- Quotation Books
- Quiz books
- General books
- Current Journal & Magazines (National & International)
- National & International – 194
- National & International – 137
- News Letters & Complimentary Copy
- Back Volumes – 13158
- Project Reports – 14592
- Newspaper Clipping
- Annual Reports
- Conference Reports
- Seminar Reports
- Publishers Catalogue (Books & Periodicals)
- Question Papers
- Course Materials
The Library is computerized (Web Based) and this provides information about the Books to the students and staff. The Bar coding technology is installed. Transactions like Issue/Returning are done by the Bar coding technology
- Accession Number
- Student Details
- Roll No. Wise
- Internet & E-Mail Facilities available